After you configure a rate schedule and define the pricing for the billable items (rooms and resources) in the rate schedule, you can export the pricing information on the Edit Pricing window. The information is exported to a Microsoft Excel file.
You do not need Microsoft Excel on your EMS client to export the information to the file; however, you must have Microsoft Excel on your EMS client to view the file.
You can also export the pricing information for rooms and resources after you have configured the information for the room or resource. See “Exporting Pricing Information for a Room” and “Exporting Pricing Information for a Resource”.
To export pricing information for rooms and resources
1. On the EMS menu bar, click Configuration > Billing > Rate Schedules. The Rate Schedules window opens. This window lists all the rate schedules that are currently configured in your EMS database.
• To export the pricing information for a room or rooms, on the Category dropdown list:
• Select Room Charge.
All active rooms in all buildings that are currently configured in your EMS database are displayed in the lower pane of the dialog box.
• Optionally, on the Building dropdown list, select a specific building, area, or view to filter the search results.
• Optionally, on the Grouping dropdown list, select a room type to filter the search results.
• To export the pricing information for all the resources in a category, on the Category dropdown list:
• Select the category, and then click Display.
• Optionally, on the Grouping dropdown list, select a resource grouping to filter the search results.
4. Click Export. A Save As dialog box opens. The export file is named Pricing.xls by default.
5. Optionally, edit the name of the export file, and then save the file to a location of your choice. An Export Report message opens indicating that the export was successful and asks you if you want to preview the exported file.
• Click Yes to open the export file in Microsoft Excel. After viewing the file, you can close it to return to the Edit Pricing window.
• Click No to close the message and return to the Edit Pricing window.
7. Repeat Step 3 through Step 6 for each room or resource for which you are exporting the pricing information.
8. After you have exported all the necessary pricing information, click Close. The Edit Pricing window closes. The Rate Schedule dialog box remains open.