Setting Preferences in EMS Polycom Interface
1. Within the Windows Start menu, locate EMS Polycom Settings. The EMS Polycom Settings screen presents.
2. Enter your EMS MS SQL Server name.
3. Enter your EMS Database name.
4. Specify the service execution interval.
5. Specify the Authentication mode (EMS or Windows).
6. Click OK.
Note: Additional EMS Polycom Interface settings are configured in the Polycom Activity area within EMS.
Proceed to the next section to complete these steps.
Setting Preferences in Polycom Activity Area
- Verify that the Polycom Realpresence Resource Manager API is running by opening a browser and entering the web service URL (typically https://<serverID>:<portnumber>/api/rest). The following screen should present:
- Log into the EMS desktop application using an EMS user account with Administrator-level access.
- Click the Polycom Activity button on the tool bar. The Polycom Activity screen will appear.
- Click the Settings menu option in the upper right corner of the Polycom Activity screen. The Polycom Settings screen will present.
- On the Settings tab, specify values for the items listed by highlighting the record and clicking the Edit button. Once you configure a setting, click the OK button to save your value.
- Enable Event Logging – Enables EMS Polycom Windows Service event logging.
- Error Email Message - Subject line of error email notifications.
- Error “From” Email Address - Email address (individual or distribution group) that error email notifications will be sent from
- Error “To” Email Address - Email address (individual or distribution group) that error email notifications will be sent to.
- Number of days prior to Event - Specifies how far in advance of a video-conference date the EMS – Polycom Interface should push the EMS booking(s) to Polycom.
- SMTP Authentication Type – Anonymous or Authenticated.
- SMTP Password - Specify if SMTP Authentication Type = Authenticated.
- SMTP Server – Used to relay error notification emails.
- SMTP User Name – Specify if SMTP Authentication Type = Authenticated.
- Use Reserved Time – If set to Yes, the booking reserved time will be passed to the Polycom Realpresence Resource Manager API. Otherwise, the event time will be passed.
- Web Service Domain – Polycom Realpresence Resource Manager API Web Service Domain.
- Web Service Password
- Web Service URL - URL to Polycom Realpresence Resource Manager API Web Service verified in Step 1.
- Web Service User Name
- Go to the Buildings tab. This tab is used to include/exclude EMS bookings scheduled in specific Buildings, Areas, or Views during processing. To select an item, highlight the record and click the > button.
- Go to the Event Types tab. This tab is used to include/exclude EMS bookings scheduled in specific Event Types during processing.
- Go to the Status tab. This tab is used to include/exclude EMS bookings scheduled in specific Statues during processing.
- Click the OK button to save your settings.