A department in Master Calendar is a division of a business specializing in a particular product or service, such as a Personnel department, or a division of a school or college such as the Department of Chemistry. You can configure departments for Master Calendar so that additional information/clarification can be provided for an event. For example, if you are managing calendars for a university campus and you specify a multi-use building as an event location, you could also specify the department that is hosting/sponsoring the event. This topic guides you in adding departments, activating departments, inactivating departments, editing departments, and deleting departments.
Tip: “Departments” is a default label, which you can change.
1. On the Admin menu, point to Configuration > Departments. The Departments page opens on the Active tab, listing all currently active departments in Master Calendar.
2. To define a new department, under Actions, click Add. The Department dialog box opens. You use this dialog box to name the department.
- In the Name field, enter the name for the department.
- On the Department dialog box, click Add. The Department is added to Master Calendar as an active department.
2. To rename or activate/de-activate an existing department, choose from the Active or Inactive tab.
- Select the department you wish to rename, activate or deactivate.
- Under Actions, select Edit. The Department dialog box opens, showing the department name.
- Edit the text to rename the department.
- Use the Active checkbox to control whether this department is available for selection in Master Calendar.
- Click Save.
3. To delete a department select one or more departments to be deleted from the Active or Inactive tab. To select all departments on the currently opened page for deletion in a single step, select Department. If you have multiple pages of departments to delete, you must repeat this entire process on each page.
Concept: If you delete an active department, any current events that use this location are not affected. The deletion simply means that going forward, the department is not available for use.
- Under Actions, click Delete. You will be prompted to confirm that you want to delete all the selected departments.
- Click OK in the message. A message confirms that all the selected departments were successfully deleted.
- Click OK.