A pricing plan bundles different rate schedules. When you configure a pricing plan, you can not only specify different rates schedules for the billable items in the plan, but also you can specify the calculation that is to be applied to a billable item when the plan is used for a group’s reservation. After you configure pricing plans, you can assign a default plan to a group’s record. Whenever a user makes a reservation for the group, the default pricing plan is displayed automatically in the Pricing Plan field on the Billing tab of the Reservation Wizard.
Tip: To help you keep track of your pricing plans and how they are used (for instance, to keep track of all your discounts), export your pricing plans periodically.
1. On the EMS menu bar, click Configuration > Billing > Pricing Plans. The Pricing Plans window opens. This window lists all the pricing plans that are currently configured in your EMS database and that have a status of Active.
Optionally, to view all pricing plans, regardless of status, under Show, click Inactive.
2. Click New. The Pricing Plan dialog box opens. The Pricing Plan tab is the active tab.
3. In the Pricing Plan field, enter a name or description for the new plan (maximum of 30 characters, including spaces).
4. Optionally, on the Calculation Type dropdown list, select the type of calculation that is to be applied to a resource when the plan is used for a group’s reservation and then go to Step 5; otherwise, go to Step 6.
• In Addition to Group—The group must pay the calculations that are set for the billable items in the pricing plan in addition to any calculations that it must always pay.
• Override Group—Override any calculations that are defined at the Group level and pay what is defined for the billable items in the pricing plan.
5. Open the Calculations tab, and on the Available list select the calculation, or CTRL-click to select the multiple calculations that are to always apply to this pricing plan, and then click the Move button (>) to move the selected calculations to the Selected list. (If the calculation is not listed, you can configure it.)
6. Open the Rate Schedules tab, and for each resource category (including Room Charge) that is to have its price set by this pricing plan, double-click in the Rate Schedule field, and then select the appropriate rate schedule from the dropdown list.
Note: If you do not select a rate schedule for a resource category, or for the Room Charge, then the pricing for these items is set to zero in the pricing plan.
7. Click OK. The Pricing Plan dialog box closes. You return to the Pricing Plans window with the newly configured pricing plan automatically selected.