A room type is the class or category of the room, for example a meeting room, an auditorium, a workspace, a multi-purpose room, and so on. Users can use room types to filter search results.
1. On the EMS Desktop Client menu bar, click Configuration > Facilities > Room Types. The Room Types window opens. This window lists all the room types that are currently configured in your EMS database.
Room Types window
2. Click New. The Room Type dialog box opens.
3. In the Room Type field, enter a name or description for the new room type. The room type can be a maximum of 50 characters, including spaces.
Tip: You Can Use "Override" Rooms to Classify Un-Configured Space
An Override Room is used in EMS to loosely define useable space which is not formally configured. For example, a building may have private offices which are not configured as spaces available for public use, but you may need to select such a space for an attendee who is participating remotely in a video conference. In order to provide company employees the ability to schedule meetings in these private rooms, Override Rooms can be configured in EMS.
4. If you want EMS Web App users to see this room type when they are searching for available space, leave Available to Everyday Users selected.
5. Click OK. The Room Type dialog box closes. You return to the Room Types window with the newly configured room type automatically selected.