Setup type is the physical layout or arrangement of a room, for example, classroom, conference, theater-style, rounds of 6, as-is, and so on. Although configuring setup types is not required, setup type is used for defining the capacity for a room, which is helpful information for the staff at your organization who prepare rooms for an event. Also, when you configure a room, you can note, by setup type, the capacity for the room. When searching for available space, your users can use setup types and capacities to filter their search results.
1. On the EMS menu bar, click Configuration > Facilities > Setup Types. The Setup Types window opens. This window lists all the setup types that are currently configured in your EMS database and that have a status of Active.
Setup Types window
Tip: Optionally, to view all setup types in your EMS database, regardless of status, under Show, click Inactive.
2. Click New. The Setup Type dialog box opens.
3. In the Setup Type field, enter a name or description for the new setup type. The setup type can be a maximum of 30 characters, including spaces.
4. If you want EMS Web App users to be able to see and request this setup type when they are searching for available space, leave Allow Everyday User Request option selected.
5. Leave Inactive blank to add the setup type as an active type. Optionally, select Inactive to inactive the setup type.
6. Click OK. The Setup Type dialog box closes. You return to the Setup Types window with the newly configured setup type automatically selected.