You can configure group types, which you use to classify or categorize the different groups that sponsor or hold events at your facilities. For example, if your organization is an academic organization, you might configure student groups, alumni groups, and so on for some of your group types.
1. On the EMS menu bar, click Configuration > Other > Group Types. The Group Types window opens. This window lists all the group types that are currently configured in your EMS database.
Group Types window
2. Click New. The Group Type dialog box opens. The Group Type tab is the active tab.
Group Type dialog box, Group Type tab
3. Enter the information for the new group type.
| || |
| || |
The name or classification for the group type.
Note: The group type can be a maximum of 50 characters, including spaces.
| || |
Select the default pricing plan that is to be applied when creating a new group.
Note: If you select or edit a pricing plan for a group type, the information is not updated for existing groups of this group type. Instead, it applies only to new groups of this group type.
Note: If the appropriate pricing plan is not available, you can configure it. See “Configuring Pricing Plans”.
| || |
Select this option if EMS Web App users are to be able to filter events by this group type when they are browsing for events.
4. Optionally, open the Calculations tab and on the Available list, select the calculation, or CTRL-click to select the multiple calculations that are to always apply to this group type, and then click the Move button (>) to move the selected calculations to the Selected list.
Group Type dialog box, Calculations tab
If the appropriate calculation is not available, then you can configure it. See “Configuring Calculations”.
5. Click OK. The Group Type dialog box closes. You return to the Group Types window with the newly configured group type automatically selected.