The Room Request page is organized into various sections to facilitate the reservation process—a When and Where pane (the left pane of the window) and two tabs—a Location tab and a Details tab.
You enter the information to search for available rooms in the When and Where pane and you view the results of the search on the Location tab. You enter information for the event on the Details tab.
To submit a request for space - booking a room
1. Under Reservations, click a reservation option. The Room Request page opens.
Because VEMS is so highly configurable, the options that are outlined in the remainder of this procedure might or might not be present. In addition, certain labels might have been renamed in your implementation of VEMS. For example, “group” might have been relabeled to “client,” “employee,” or “department,” event might have been relabeled “Meeting,” and so on. Required fields are marked with a red asterisk (*).
2. In the When and Where (left) pane of the page, do the following to search for a room or rooms in which the event is to take place:
Depending on how your EMS administrator has configured your organization’s, Room Request template, you might see different fields, or you might not see some of these fields displayed at all.
• Enter your date and time criteria.
• On the Areas dropdown list, leave the default value of (all) areas as is, or select a specific area to search.
Areas are available only in EMS Enterprise. Areas are not available in EMS Professional.
• On the Facilities dropdown list, select (all) buildings, or select a specific building or view to search.
• Select a time zone.
Multiple time zones are available only in EMS Enterprise. Only a single time zone is available in EMS Professional.
• If the meeting is a recurring meeting, then click Recurrence to open the Recurrence popup window, and then enter the necessary information for the meeting.
3. In the Setup Information section, enter your attendance and setup type.
4. The Availability Filters section provides options for filtering your room results by Room Type, Floor, and/or Features. (You can click the arrow to expand/collapse this section). If needed, enter additional filter criteria.
5. Click Find Space. A list of rooms that meet the search criteria and that are available for the indicated reservation time are displayed on the List sub-tab (in a list view), on the Grid sub-tab (in a grid view), and if available, on a Floor Map view. In the List view, rooms that you can reserve are displayed under a “Reserve” heading. Rooms that you can request are displayed under a “Request” heading.
It may be possible to specify the default values for some of these options, including the default view (List or Grid) for the search results. See “Setting Default Values for Room Requests”.
A room that you can “reserve” is automatically booked for the event and no approval is required. A room that you can “request” must be approved by an EMS reservation coordinator.
An option may be available to create a list of favorite rooms from which to make a selection. This list of favorites is displayed in the Facilities dropdown list on the Room Request page. See “Creating a List of Favorite Rooms”.
Room Request page, List view
6. Do one of the following to select a room:
• Click the Add icon next to the room in either the list or grid view.
• Click the Available Room icon for the room in the Floor Map view, and then click Reserve in the Room Details message that opens.
If you are scheduling a video conference, you might be required to specify a host location. If this option is available when you add a room to the booking, the room is automatically selected as the video conferencing host. After you add all the needed rooms, you can select the appropriate room to be the video conferencing host. You can select only one room per building. You might also have the option of specifying the setup count for each room.
Depending on how your EMS administrator has configured the room, an alert might open when you select the room. After you read the alert, click OK to close the alert and continue with room selection.
The following results are possible:
• If you select a location that is available for all the event dates, then the selected location is displayed at the top of the Location tab. Continue to Step 7.
• If you select a location that is not available for all the event dates, then a message opens indicating this. Click OK to close the message and return to the Location tab. The selected location is displayed at the top of the Location tab and an option to search remaining dates is displayed at the bottom of the When and Where pane. Use this option as needed to fulfill all the event dates, and then continue to Step 7.
• Click the name of any room that you selected for the event to open the Location Details popup, and then open the Availability tab on this popup to view the room’s availability in either a Daily or Weekly view.
• In the Availability grid, click and hold the left mouse button, drag the mouse to schedule the room for another date and time on a selected day, and then release the mouse button to select the room.
You can schedule only one day at a time on the Availability tab. You cannot
8. Click the option that indicates you have read and agree to the Terms and Conditions for reserving the room, and then click Continue.
The Details tab opens. You use the options on this page to enter the event details.
9. Enter the information for the event.
When you are entering the event details, note the following:
• Required fields are marked with a red asterisk (*). At minimum, you must enter the event name, the event type, and the group details.
• Some fields in the Group section might be automatically populated with your
group/department information. You can modify this information. If a Search icon is present, then you can search for a group/contact record for the event.
• If contacts are available for a group, you can specify which contact is to be the default contact for the group, and you can inactivate any contact for the group.
• You might have the option of answering additional questions, or you might be required to answer these questions when booking the room, and/or you might have the option of entering reservation-level comments. These questions and comments are displayed in an Other Information section.
• You might have the option of attaching files to the room request. If so, then an Attachments section is displayed on the Details tab. The allowed file attachment formats are .csv, .doc, .gif, .pdf, .txt, .xls, .xlsx, and .tif.
• You might have the option of booking services for the event. If so, then a Service section is displayed on the Details tab.
Depending on how your EMS administrator has configured the service, an alert might open when you select the service. After you read the alert, click OK to close the alert and continue with adding the event details.
• You might be required to specify billing information. You can manually enter the billing information, or if a Search icon is present, then you can search for the information.
• You might be required to read and agree to Terms and Conditions. If so, you can click View to review the Terms and Conditions before you accept them.
10. Click Submit Reservation. The Reservation Summary page opens. See “The Reservation Summary Page”.
Depending on how your EMS administrator has configured your EMS implementation, when the Reservation Summary page opens after you submit a reservation request, a Reservation Summary email maybe automatically generated and sent to you.