Important: Before beginning the installation process, please install or upgrade your EMS databases as outlined in the EMS Installation Instructions.
Important: Existing versions of Virtual EMS must be manually uninstalled. Please make sure to copy-off and save any files that have been customized.
- Manually uninstall any previous versions of Virtual EMS on your web server.
- Verify that the prerequisite software has been installed.
- Download the VirtualEMS.msi file onto the web server that will be running Virtual EMS.
- Run VirtualEMS.msi.
- The first screen welcomes you to the Virtual EMS Setup Wizard. Click Next to begin the installation process. The Destination Folder screen will appear.
- Select the destination folder. The installation process will create a new physical directory on your web server based on the destination folder path entered (“Virtual Ems” in the example above.) Click Next.
Note: Virtual EMS should not be installed in the same physical directory as other EMS web-based products OR under a site running another version of Virtual EMS.
- The SQL Server and database information screen will appear.
- Enter your SQL Instance Name.
- Enter your Database Name:
- EMS Professional customers – typically named “EMSData”
- EMS Workplace, EMS Campus, EMS Enterprise, EMS District and EMS Legal customers - typically named “EMS”
- Click Next.
- The Virtual Directory information screen will appear.
- The Virtual Directory Name will default to the destination folder specified in Step 6. It is recommended that you keep the default setting. The installation process will create a virtual directory on your web server based on the virtual directory entered (“Virtual Ems” in the example above.) Click Next.
Note: Virtual EMS should not be installed in the same virtual directory as other EMS web-based products OR under a site running another version of Virtual EMS.
- The Ready to install Virtual EMS screen will appear. Click Install to install Virtual EMS.
- The Completed the Virtual EMS Setup Wizard screen will appear. Click Finish.
Starting Virtual EMS
After following the steps above, verify your Virtual EMS installation by opening a browser and entering the Virtual EMS address:
http://[ServerName]/VirtualEMS/ (replace [ServerName] with the name of your web server).
The first time you launch Virtual EMS, it may take a few extra moments for the website to display. If you encounter any issues, please contact Customer Support for assistance.
For information on how to configure Virtual EMS, please refer to Setting Up EMS.