Even though the Change Booking Status Wizard is available for changing the status of multiple bookings in a reservation, most reservationists who approve reservations that are submitted from VEMS do so by using the Change Status function that is available on the Reservation Summary tab in the Navigator. This is because unlike the Change Booking Status Wizard, when you use the Change Status function in the Navigator to change the status of a reservation, an option is available for automatically generating and sending a confirmation to the group for whom the reservation was made.
Your EMS administrator must grant you the appropriate security access to change the status of a booking, which includes canceling a booking. If you want to change the status of a booking using the Change Booking Status Wizard, see “Editing Multiple Bookings in the Navigator”.
An email can be automatically generated and sent only if Email is selected for the Confirmation setting on the General tab of the Navigator Options dialog box, and if the group for which the reservation was made has an email address in its record. See “Navigator Options dialog box” and “Searching for and Configuring Groups”.
To change the status for a reservation
1. Open the reservation in the Navigator. See:
• “Search Tools”.
2. In left pane in the Navigator, select the reservation that you are editing, and then on the Reservation Summary tab, click Change Status. The Change Booking Status window opens.
3. On the Status dropdown list, select the new status for the bookings.
If you select any type of Canceled status, then three additional fields—Reason, Who Cancelled and Notes—are displayed on the Change Booking Status window. You must enter data in all three of these fields before you can continue in the Wizard.
4. Enter a Reconfirm Date if it is required for the new status that you selected.
5. Optionally, do one or both of the following:
• Leave Update Reservation Status selected to have the reservation-level status changed as well.
• Select Send Confirmation If Successful to have an email automatically generated and sent to the group for whom the reservation was made.
The confirmation is generated based on the system confirmation settings that you have specified. See “Specifying your Confirmation Settings”.
6. Click Next. The Select Bookings window opens. This window displays all the bookings for the selected reservation with a date greater than or equal to the current day’s date and that do not have invoiced items. By default, all the bookings are selected.
To show canceled bookings, clear Hide Cancelled Bookings. Conversely, to hide canceled bookings, select Hide Cancelled Bookings. To show all bookings regardless of date, clear Hide Old Bookings.
7. Select the booking, or CTRL-click to select the multiple bookings for which you are changing the status, and then click Finish. The Change Booking Status Results window opens. This window lists all the bookings for the reservation, whether the status was successfully changed or not.
Optionally, to view only the bookings for the selected reservation that were NOT successfully changed, select Show Unchanged Only. To view the details for a specific booking that was changed, select the booking, and then click Go To.
8. Click Close to close the Change Status Results window and return to the Navigator.
If you reserve a resource and then edit the date, time, location, or status of a booking, and there is a resource inventory conflict, a Resource Inventory Conflicts report opens onscreen. If you close this report, you can manually run a Resource Inventory Conflict check. In the Bookings folder of the Navigator, select Tools > Resource Inventory Conflict.