If you are unsure whether your organization is licensed for EMS Human Resources Toolkit or if you would like to learn more about it, please contact your Account Executive.
To integrate the EMS Human Resources Toolkit, you will:
- Identify the data source(s) in your organization to use as the source for your user records.
- Determine if user records are organized by groups and contacts (Group/Contact Model), by groups and group types (Group/Group Type Model), or all of these (Hybrid).
- Obtain and execute the .sql files for creating the staging database and stored procedures needed to import data into your EMS database.
- Establish a process for importing records into the staging database.
- Execute the EMS HR Toolkit stored procedure (using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio to create an SQL job to run the stored procedure on a schedule).
- Maintain the source data to ensure continual data flow between your source(s) and EMS.
- Concept: EMS Human Resources Toolkit can be configured in three ways: Group/Group Type, Group/Contact and Hybrid (click to expand)
Your Implementation Consultant will work with you to determine which variant will be best for your organization. The “Group/Contact” model is structured around having your Groups populated with Contacts beneath them; the “Group/Group Type” model categorizes User records by group and group type, and does not create Contacts under the Groups imported into the HRTK. The Hybrid Model will adjust the functionality based upon the GroupID criteria in the EMS_Staging.dbo.tblPeople table. Note that your EMS environment may use different names for Groups and Contacts, such as Employee.
The EMS Human Resources Toolkit Installation Guide leads you through installing HR Toolkit in your environment.