The followings steps should be performed on the MS SQL Server that hosts your EMS database.
- Obtain the SQL files outlined in the Obtaining the FM Toolkit Components section.
- Using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio execute the FMTK Staging DB Install.sql script against your master database. This will create the EMS_Staging database containing one table named tblRoom.
- Using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio execute the FMTK Update Script.sql script against your EMS database. This will create a stored procedure in your EMS database named FMTK_Update_Room.
- Import records from your organization’s facility management system into the tblRoom table within the EMS_Staging database.
Important Note: Existing EMS clients wanting to implement the FM Toolkit must “synchronize” existing EMS rooms before activating the toolkit by adding a valid ExternalReference value in tblRoom. Ignoring this step will result in duplicate records.
- Using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio execute the FMTK_Update_Room stored procedure.
Note: Step 2 (and Step 1 with assistance from your IT Department) can be scheduled to execute automatically using a SQL Job. Please refer to your MS SQL Server documentation for more information on creating and scheduling a SQL Job.