EMS has built-in functionality that will automatically email reports to users. To learn more about configuring automated reporting, see Configuring Automated Reports.
Note: The EMS Automated Report Service must be installed on a computer that is connected to the network and is running 24 hours a day. Existing versions of the EMS Automated Report Service must be manually uninstalled. Install the EMS Automated Report Service on one computer/server only.
- Verify that the prerequisite software is installed.
- Manually uninstall any existing versions of the EMS Automated Report Service Service.
- Download the EMSAutomatedReportsSetup.msi onto the server that will be running the service.
- Double-click EMSAutomatedReportsSetup.msi. Follow the on-screen prompts. It is recommended that you accept the defaults.
- Within your Microsoft Windows Start menu, locate EMS Automated Report. The EMS Automated Report Configuration screen will appear.
- Review and complete/change the following settings:
- Mode – Type of authentication to the SMTP server.
- SMTP Server – SMTP server name or IP address.
- Use Gmail – Check this option to set the service to use Gmail settings.
- Port Number – SMTP port (default = 25)
- Use SSL – Check this option if your SMTP server runs under SSL.
- User Name/Password – Required if an authentication mode other than Unauthenticated is selected.
- In the Databases section of the dialog box, you will see a sample database and server (named ‘server’ and ‘database.’) Select this entry, click Edit, and change the values to your EMS server and database name.
On the Database tab of the Delivery Database dialog box, complete the following:
Server/Database – EMS server and database name
EMS Authentication/Windows Authentication – The method of authentication to this database.
Email From –Email address that will be displayed in the From field of automated report emails that are sent.
Enable Service Event Logging – Activates Windows event logging.
- After making your entries, click OK.
- Click OK again to save your EMS Automated Report Service Configuration settings.
Note: If any issues are encountered starting the service, please visit the online Support Center for a possible solution or call Customer Support.
The EMS Automated Report Service is now enabled. See the EMS Setup Guide for information on defining Automated Reports.