Rather than inputting the PAM Account credentials on the PAMConfig.aspx page, credentials can be maintained at the Application Pool level. This allows your organization to maintain absolute control – only IIS applications running in the newly created application pool can run as the PAM Account.
This functionality requires the following:
- Microsoft Exchange 2007 (SP1) or Exchange 2010.
- Microsoft Exchange Impersonation Account (PAM Account). This account must be using Impersonation, not full access to the mailbox store.
To configure the Application Pool
- Open IIS Manager
- Open the Application Pools panel
- Click Add Application Pool…
- The Add Application Pool window opens. Enter a unique name and ensure .NET Framework v2.0 is selected. Managed pipeline mode should be Integrated. Click OK
- Find the Application Pool you just created. Right-click it and select Advanced Settings
- The third section in the list is Process Model. Highlight Identity and then click the (...) button to configure.
- Choose Custom Account and then click Set. Enter the username and password for your PAM Account. Confirm the password and click OK on any remaining dialogs (see screenshot below)
- Within IIS Manager, navigate to the Virtual Directory containing the PAM Web Service. This is under the Default Web Site by default, but may be installed to a different web site.
- With the PamWebService Virtual Directory highlighted in the left pane, select Basic Settings… under Actions in the right pane.
- Click the Select… button and then choose your newly created application pool from the list.
- Click OK on all remaining dialogs.
To configure Plan-a-Meeting to use the Application Pool account
- Navigate to the PAM configuration area by opening a browser and entering the following:
http://[ServerName]/PAMWebService/PAMConfig.aspx (replace [ServerName] with the name of your web server)
- From the Account Info tab, find the Authentication Information section, check the box for “Use application pool identity when authenticating to calendaring service” (see screenshot below)
- With this option enabled, you can leave blank the Username and Password fields in the Authentication Information section.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the page.