Using Exchange Online (Office 365) with PAM
Configuring EMS to work with Exchange Online (Office 365) or Exchange 2013 is the same as configuring EMS to work with a 2007/2010 Exchange environment that is hosted on your network. See this page for setting up impersonation on Exchange Online (Office 365). If you need additional assistance setting this up please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After following the steps above, access the PAM configuration area by opening a browser and entering the following:
http://[ServerName]/PAMWebService/PAMConfig.aspx (replace [ServerName] with the name of your web server)
- Go the Account Info tab.
- Select your email system in the Provider dropdown using the instructions provided on the page.
- Check the box “.. utilize AutoDiscover to locate the best Client Access Server for the user…”
Note: if you do not check this box, you MUST fill in the Url to Exchange Web Services field.
- Within the Authentication Information section, enter your PAM Account User Name and Password. The User Name should be prefixed with your domain (example – YourDomain\PAM Account, or Pam Account@YourDomain)
- (Optional) The “Use application pool identity…” option allows you to set the PAM Account credentials at the Application Pool level instead of storing the credentials in the EMS database. See the Additional Information section for more information about this option. If this option is selected, you must check the box to use Impersonation.
- If you selected “Exchange Web Services” as your Provider, select the checkbox if the account specified has Exchange Impersonation access to all mailboxes in your Exchange mailbox store.
- The PAM Web Service URL will be used in the Configuring PAM EMS Configuration section later in this document.
- Select the Authentication Type:
- Anonymous – No authentication
- Specify Account – Relies on a custom account (not the PAM Account) that you create and manage. Please contact Customer Support (or a member of the Professional Services group if you are working with one) to discuss the configuration process for this option.
- Default Credentials – Relies on security context of EMS application calling the PAM Web Service. If using this option, Integrated Windows Authentication should be enabled for the PAM Web Service.
- For MS Exchange 2007/2010 environments, click Save. Go to step 1
Note: When testing PAM, the email account that is being used (either on the Test Settings tab or in the Testing PAM section below) MUST exist in the Exchange environment being tested. If you are testing PAM in a development environment please verify that a mailbox for the email being used exists in that domain/environment.
- Click Test Configuration. If any errors are encountered, please verify your configuration. Otherwise, your PAM configuration is complete. Please go to the EMS Configuration section.
In order to test your PAM configuration, you will need to log into Virtual EMS with a web user account (configured with the web user’s primary email address) belonging to a Web Process Template (within the EMS client application) that has the Allow Invitations option checked.
- Log into Virtual EMS. Go to Reservations > Room Request.
- Enter ‘When and Where’ criteria and hit Find Space. Select a room.
- Select the Add to Calendar/Send Invitations checkbox. If this option is not available, please verify (within the EMS client application) that your web user account belongs to a Web Process Template that has the Allow Invitations option checked.
- Add an attendee by typing an attendee name in the Find Attendee textbox and hitting the magnifying glass icon.
- Complete necessary information on the Details tab and click Submit Reservation.
- Verify that an appointment was added to your Outlook Calendar and that your attendee received an invitation.
- Message To Append
Message appended to the bottom of the appointment body. This message is seen by all users.
- To view the details of this reservation click the below link
Message added to the appointment body, above a link that takes a user to a view-only Virtual EMS page for the appointment. This message is seen by all users.
- If you are the meeting organizer click the below link to edit the reservation
Message added to the appointment body, above a link that takes the meeting organizer to the Virtual EMS Reservation Summary page for that reservation. This message is seen by all users, but only the meeting organizer can access the Reservation Summary page to make changes.
- Allow Attachments
Allows users to add attachments within Virtual EMS when making an appointment.
- Maximum AttachmentSize
If attachments are allowed, sets the maximum file size allowed for an attachment.