You can import resources for a category from a tab-delimited file. (See Appendix E, “Import File Specifications,” for the import file specifications.) After you import the resources, you can edit their configurations as necessary.
To import resources for a category
1. On the EMS menu bar, click Configuration > Resources.
A list of all the categories that are currently configured in your EMS database and for which you can configure resources opens.
2. Select the category for which you are importing the resources.
The Resources window opens. This window lists all the resources that are currently configured in your EMS database for the selected category and that have a status of Active.
Example of a Resources window
3. Optionally, do one or both of the following:
• To view all resources for the category in your EMS database, regardless of status, under Show, click Inactive.
• To filter the displayed resources based on the Resource name, in the Filter field, enter a search string.
The search string is not case-sensitive, but your search is limited to the exact order of the characters in the string and it must begin with the information for which you are searching. For example, a search string of Cold returns Cold Boxed Lunches, but not Sandwiches (Cold).
4. Click Import.
The Import Resources dialog box opens.
Import Resources dialog box
5. Click the Search icon to open the Find Resource Import File dialog, and then browse to and select the resource file that is to be imported.
6. On the Rate Schedule dropdown list, select the rate schedule that applies to the resource. (See “Rate schedules”.)
7. Click Import.
A dialog box opens, indicating the number of resources that you are about to import, and asking you if you want to continue.
8. Click Yes.
A message opens indicating that the import was successful.
9. Click OK to close the message and return to the Resources window.