You can export any pricing information that you configure for a room on a per rate schedule basis on the Edit Pricing window. The information is exported to an Excel spreadsheet.
Tip: You do not need Excel on your EMS Desktop Client to export the information to the file; however, you must have it on your EMS Desktop Client to view the file.
You can also export pricing information for a room when you are configuring rate schedules.
1. On the EMS Desktop Client menu bar, click Configuration > Facilities > Rooms. The Rooms window opens.
2. On the Building dropdown list, select the building, area, or view that contains the rooms that you are pricing.
3. Click Pricing. The Edit Pricing window opens.
4. On the Rate Schedule dropdown list, select the rate schedule for which you are exporting the room pricing information.
5. Do one of the following:
• Leave the Room Type set to the default value of (all), and then click Display to display a list of all active rooms for all room types that have been configured in your EMS database.
• On the Room Type dropdown list, select a specific room type, and then click Display to display a list of all active rooms for the selected room type.
6. Click Export. A Save As dialog box opens. The export file is named Pricing.xls by default.
7. Optionally, edit the name of the export file, and then save the file to a location of your choice. An Export Report message opens indicating that the export was successful and asks you if you want to preview the exported file.
8. Do one of the following:
• Click Yes to open the export file in Excel. After viewing the file, you can close it to return to the Edit Pricing window.
• Click No to close the message and return to the Edit Pricing window.
9. Repeat Step 5 through Step 8 for each rate schedule and/or grouping for which you are exporting the information.
10. After you have exported all the necessary pricing information for a room, click Close. The Edit Pricing window closes. The Rooms window remains open.