EMS Campus uses a web service to manage communication between the EMS Campus database and the Student Information System (SIS). The web service reads courses and course-related data from the SIS database. Then, once a schedule for a term is published, the web service updates course room assignments in the SIS. This document provides an overview of the EMS Campus Web Service and outlines the installation process.
Important: If you are upgrading from EMS Campus 2.x, a new version of the EMS Campus Web Service including the queries.xml and views.sql files may be required. Tab-delimited file format specifications may also have changed for the Courses.txt file. Please contact your Client Services Consultant to evaluate and discuss any potential impacts to your installation.
Course Data: Student Information Systems (SIS)
EMS integrates with most commercial and many custom SIS/ERP systems, saving your institution time and eliminating data entry duplication. The optional EMS Campus Web Service provides bi-directional integration so that course data and instructor information is pulled into EMS, and rooms assigned in EMS are then written back to the SIS. With SIS integration, you can:
- Pull course and instructor information from the SIS to create multiple scheduling scenarios.
- Quickly publish selected scheduling scenarios for students and instructors to view.
- Allow departments to collaborate online for a paperless planning process.
- Easily identify all new data moved into EMS for review.
- Report on seat fill percentage, time block availability, utilization trends, and more.
See Also: EMS Campus Web Service White Paper.
You can manually or automatically synchronize your campus-specific SIS data (Instructors, Course Types, Subjects, and Terms) with EMS, using the following supported SIS.
- • Ellucian’s Banner
- • Ellucian’s Colleague (on SQL or Oracle platform)
- • Ellucian’s PowerCampus
- • Oracle’s Peoplesoft
- • Jenzabar CX and EX
Tip: Non-SIS customers can still streamline data entry by importing tab-delimited lists of people/groups, rooms, resources, reservations, and (for EMS Campus), final exam schedules. See Also: Import File Specifications.
- Contacting Customer Support (click to expand)
- Unlimited toll-free customer support is available to EMS users who have a current Annual Service Agreement (ASA). If you are unable to resolve a problem or answer a question by reading the EMS documentation, contact us at:
Phone: (800) 288-4565
Fax: (303) 796-7429