External applications require a pre-defined EMS User account to authenticate to the EMS API Web Service. The EMS User account should not be granted any rights within the EMS application itself.
- Launch the EMS client application and login with a user that has EMS administrator-level access.
- Go to System Administration > Security > Users.
- Click the New button. The User screen will appear.
- Enter the following information:
- User ID
- On the Processes screen, select the Special – EMS API Web Service Access process.
Note: If the Special – EMS API Web Service Access process does not exist, please contact Customer Support.
- Click the OK button.
Enable JSON to Query Data
If using JSON to interface with the API, it must be enabled. (It is disabled by default).
Important! Installation must be complete before enabling JSON.
1. Edit the web.config file and enter <add key="UseJSON" value="false"/>.
2. Set the value to "true".
- Open a browser and enter the following URL:
http://[ServerName]/EMSAPI/Service.asmx (replace [ServerName] with the name of your web server)
Your browser should return a list of API calls.
The EMS API version can be verified by going to the About page:
http://[ServerName]/EMSAPI/About.aspx (replace [ServerName] with the name of your web server)