Important: Before beginning the installation process, please do the following:
- Install or upgrade your EMS databases as outlined in the EMS Installation Instructions.
- Manually uninstall any previous versions of the EMS API Web Service on your web server.
- Verify that the prerequisite software is installed.
- Download EMSAPI.msi onto the web server.
- Run EMSAPI.msi.
- The first screen welcomes you to the EMS API Web Service Setup Wizard. Click Next > to begin the installation process. The Select Installation Address screen will appear.
- Select the Site, Virtual Directory and Application Pool. It is recommended that you keep the default settings. The installation process will create a Physical and Virtual directory on your web server named “EMSAPI” (or whatever value you entered in the Virtual Directory field.) Click Next > to begin the installation process.
Note: The EMS API should not be installed in the same Virtual Directory as other EMS web-based products.
- The Confirm Installation screen will appear. Click Next >. The EMS Settings screen will appear. (the screen shot below is not correct).
- Enter your EMS SQL Server Name.
- Enter your EMS Database:
- EMS Professional customers – enter “EMSData”
- EMS Workplace, EMS Campus, EMS Enterprise, EMS Legal and EMS District customers - typically named “EMS”
- Click OK.
- The Installation Complete screen will appear. Click Close.