You use the functions on the Locate page to locate a group as well as all the events for the current day’s date for which the group is scheduled. In EMS Workplace, the check in/check out status for a group is also displayed on this page. If the group that is displayed on the page is you, then you can use the functions that are available to check yourself into or out of a building for an event. In addition, if your organization has purchased and installed the optional Floor Plan Module, then a Floor Plan icon might be displayed for a building. You can click this icon to open a floor plan for the selected building and view the location of the event’s room on the plan. To open the Locate Group page, under Browse, click Locate Group.
To Locate a Group
• To locate all groups that have events scheduled for the current day’s date, leave the Group Name field blank, and then click Locate.
• To search for a specific group, enter a search string in the Group Name field, and then click Locate. A list of all groups that meet your search criteria is displayed on the page.
Your search is limited to the exact order of the characters in the string, but the string is not case-sensitive and it can appear anywhere in the search results. For example, a search string of Ed returns the College of Education, Ed Nowak, and so on.
Locate page with search results
• To view the bookings with the current day’s date for which the group is scheduled, click the name of the group in the search results. The Locate page is refreshed with a list of the applicable bookings.
Bookings for a selected group
• Click the Floor Plan icon for an event to open the floor plan for the event’s building and view the location of the event’s room on the plan.
Remember, this icon is displayed only if your organization has purchased and installed the optional Floor Plan Module.
Viewing the floor plan for an event’s building
• In EMS Workplace, if the group you located is you, then you can do one or both of the following:
• Click the Check In icon for an event to check the group into the event building.
• Click the Check Out icon for an event to check the group out of the event building.