Web text is custom help text of policies and procedures that are specific to your organization that is displayed on various pages in VEMS and EMS Kiosk. As the EMS administrator, you can configure this web text in EMS, or if you are assigned to an appropriate web security template (one that has web administrator access), you can configure it directly in VEMS.
To configure web text in EMS
1. On the EMS menu bar, click Configuration > Web > Web Text.
The Web Text window opens. This window lists the name or description for all types of web text that is currently in use in your VEMS and EMS Kiosk installations and the VEMS or EMS Kiosk page on which it appears.
To show only a specific type of web text, select a type on the Type dropdown list.
Optionally, to view all web text, whether in use or not, click Obsolete. Obsolete web text is displayed in red and italics in the Web Text window.
2. Select the web text that you are configuring, and then click Edit. The Web Text dialog box opens. The Web Text tab is the active tab. The tab contains options for entering and configuring the web text.
3. Configure the needed web text.
• Design is selected by default. Use the standard Windows plain text formatting options to format the message (spacing, number of lines, capitalization, and so on) so that it is displayed the way that you want in the web text.
• Select HTML and enter the necessary HTML code to format the message (spacing, number of lines, capitalization, and so on) so that it is displayed the way that you want in the web text.
4. If translations have been defined for web templates (see “Configuring Web Cultures”), then open the Translations tab, and for each translation, click in the Text field, and enter the appropriate translation for the web text item.
5. Click OK. The Web Text dialog box closes. You return to the Web Text window with the newly configured web text item automatically selected in the window.
To configure web text in VEMS
1. Log in to VEMS.
2. Under Admin, click Admin Functions. The VEMS Admin Function page opens.
3. Click Enable Help Text Edit. A popup window opens indicating that Help Text Mode is now enabled.
4. Close the popup window. The Help Text toggle on the Admin Functions page now reads Disable Help Text Edit.
5. Open the VEMS page where you are configuring the Help text. An Edit option is displayed at the top of the page.
6. Click Edit. The page is refreshed with options for entering and configuring the Help text.
7. After entering and configuring the Help text, click Save to apply the text to the selected page.
8. After you click Save, click Back to Page to view the Help text on its selected page.