You use the Make a Reservation page in EMS Kiosk to make your own reservations for today.
The following procedure is written from the perspective of a group search; however, depending on how your EMS Kiosk is configured, you might be required to enter a personnel number/employee ID number for your search criteria.
1. Click Make a Reservation. A page opens with options for searching for a group/person.
Group/Person Search page
1. In the Group field, enter your search criteria, and then click Search. A list of all groups/people that meet your search criteria is displayed.
The search is limited to the exact order of the characters in the string but the string can be found anywhere in the search results and it is not case-sensitive. For example, a search string of “ed” returns both Anderson, Scott and Evans, Dean.
Example of search results for a group/person
2. Click the Group icon next to the entry for you in the search results. The Make a Reservation opens. Required fields are marked with a red asterisk (*). The Check-in time field is set by default to the current time. The Check-out time is set by default to 5:00 pm. The Check-in and Check-out dates are set by default to today’s date.
Based on how your organization has configured EMS Kiosk, various fields, including the Check-in time, Check-out time, Check-in date, and Check-out date, might or might not be available.
Make a Reservation page
3. Modify the values for Check-in time, Check-out time, Check-in date, and/or Check-out date as needed.
4. Specify your filtering options, and then continue to reserve rooms from a list or from a map.
1. Click List to display the list of available rooms in a list.
2. Click the Reserve Room icon next to the room that you want to reserve for your event. The selected room is reserved for your event. The Make a Reservation page closes and the My Reservations page opens. The newly scheduled event is now displayed on this page.
1. Click Map to view the available rooms (typically marked with a green icon) on a building map.
Map view of available rooms
2. Click the icon for the available room that you want to reserve for your event. A Room Details popup opens with an option for reserving the room.
Room Details popup
3. Click Reserve. The selected room is reserved for your event. The Make a Reservation page closes and the My Reservations page opens. The newly scheduled event is now displayed on this page.