After room preferences and requirements are set, you can review the individual course preferences, verify that the preferences are complete, and quantify these preferences. You can also run the Course Preferences report and the Course Preferences Summary report to assist in this task.
For detailed information about generating the Course Preferences and Course Preferences Summary reports and the information that is contained in each report, see “Generating Academic Reports”.
Prior to reviewing or reporting on preferences, you can make the term unavailable to the academic units. See “Enabling/Disabling a Term for Set Preferences Mode”.
To review and verify room preferences
1. On the EMS Campus menu bar, click Academic Planning > Courses > Academic Browser. The Academic Browser opens.
2. If needed, open the Filter tab.
3. On the Domain dropdown list, select the appropriate domain and on the Term dropdown list, select the appropriate term.
4. Set any other criteria (academic unit, subject, and so on) as needed to provide assistance in locating the courses for which you want to review preferences and requirements, and then click Get Data. The courses that meet your search criteria are displayed on the Results tab.
To identify preferences and requirements for a Basic search, you should set Preferences Exist to Yes. For an Advanced search, you should select the Preferences Exist field (a Course Dates level field), and set the Preferences Exist filter to Yes. For detailed information about searching with the Academic Browser, see “Searching with the Academic Browser”.
5. In the search results, double-click the course for which you are reviewing the preferences/requirements. The course opens in the Course Navigator.
6. In the middle pane of the Course Navigator, select the course date for which you are reviewing the preferences. The preferences for the selected course date are displayed in the bottom pane of the Course Navigator on the Preferences tab.
For detailed information about working with the Course Navigator, see “Using the Course Navigator”.