When you edit a booking in the Navigator, you are working with the when and where information for the event—the event time, the event location, and so on. To edit a booking, you must have the appropriate security access. For example, you cannot move a booking to a room if your EMS administrator has not granted you access to the room. Likewise, you cannot change the status for a booking from Tentative to Confirmed if your EMS administrator has not granted you access to the Confirmed status.
Under certain circumstances, bookings or booking details in EMS can become locked. Locked items are displayed in EMS, but you cannot edit or cancel the items. This locking can affect the basic booking information (date, time, room, and so on) or the details for the booking (catering, equipment, and so on). Locks are typically independent of one another. Just because one item is locked does not mean other items in the reservation are locked. Bookings can be locked in the following situations:
• Insufficient security—To edit a booking, you must have access to the room and status and as well as the correct security processes assigned to your user account.
Contact your EMS administrator for assistance.
• Old bookings—A booked event is locked a certain number of days after it has taken place. Your EMS administrator sets the value for this system parameter. Old bookings are locked to prevent you and other users from changing the facts for a past event, which could cause discrepancies between documents printed for the event and the information in EMS. When a booking is locked because it is old, all of its details are also locked. You cannot edit or delete existing details, and you cannot add new details.
• Invoiced bookings—When you create an invoice for a booking, you can bill for the entire booking (the room fee plus all the fees for all the booking details) or for only certain items that you choose (for example, the room fee and the equipment fees, but not the catering fees). In either case, if a booking has one or more invoiced items, the booking is locked. This means that you cannot edit or delete the booking, which includes changing the booking status, and editing and deleting invoiced resources. You can, however, still add more details to the bookings. For rooms, this means you cannot edit the room charge. You also cannot move bookings that are invoiced to a new or existing reservation. You can, however, still copy these bookings to a new or existing reservation.
To edit billable information for a booking, see “Editing Booking Detail Item Charges for Multiple Items”.
Remember, you can also edit certain booking information in the Reservation Book. See “To edit an existing reservation”.
To edit a booking in the Navigator
1. Open the reservation in the Navigator. See:
• “Opening a reservation directly in the Navigator”.
• “Opening a reservation through the Reservation Book”.
• “Opening a reservation through a group”.
• “Search Tools”.
2. In left pane of the Navigator, expand the folder structure for the reservation until the appropriate booking folder is visible.
3. Select the booking that you are editing, and then on the Booking Summary tab or on the Properties tab, click Edit. The Booking window opens. A message is displayed at the top of the window that indicates the hours for the building that contains the selected room. If the booking has any type of booking detail assigned to it, then “This Booking has Service Orders” is displayed at the top of the window.
4. On the Booking tab, edit the information for the booking as needed, and then click OK.
If you have been granted the appropriate security access, you change the status of a booking, which includes cancelling a booking.
Two results are possible:
• If you edited anything other than the date, time, or location for a booking, the Booking window closes and you return to the Navigator, which now shows the updated information for the booking.
If you cancel a booking, a Cancel Status dialog box opens in which you must identify the user who canceled the booking and provide notes (for example, a cancellation reason) about the cancellation. If you change the status for a booking, you can select Update Reservation Status to have the reservation-level status changed as well.
• If you edited the date, time, or location for a booking, a dialog box opens, warning you that critical booking information has changed and asking you if you want to continue. Continue to Step 5.
5. Click Yes. The Booking window closes and you return to the Navigator, which now shows the updated information for the booking.
If you edit a booking for a video conference event, then any date and time changes that you make to the booking automatically cascade to all related bookings.
If you reserve a resource and then edit the date, time, location, or status of a booking, and there is a resource inventory conflict, a Resource Inventory Conflicts report opens onscreen. If you close this report, you can manually run a Resource Inventory Conflict check. In the Bookings folder of the Navigator, select Tools > Resource Inventory Conflict.