To install the EMS Email Notification Service:
- Verify that the prerequisite software is installed.
- Download the EMSCheckInNotificationSetup.msi onto the server that will be running the service.
- Double-click EMSCheckInNotificationSetup.msi. Follow the on-screen prompts. It is recommended that the defaults are accepted.
- Within the Microsoft Windows Start menu, locate EMS Check-in Notification Service. The EMS Check-in Notification Configuration screen will appear.
- Review and complete/change the following settings:
- Mode – Type of authentication to the SMTP server.
- SMTP Server – SMTP server name or IP address.
- Use Gmail – Check this box if the organization uses Gmail as their mail server.
- Port Number – SMTP port (default = 25)
- Use SSL – Check this option if your SMTP server runs under SSL.
- User Name/Password – Required if an authentication mode other than Unauthenticated is selected.
- Email Interval – The frequency with which the system will generate notification emails. If the interval is set to 0 minutes, the service will not function.
- In the Databases section of the dialog box, you will see a sample database and server (named ‘server’ and ‘database.’) Select this entry, click Edit, and change the values to your EMS server and database name.
On the Database tab of the Notification Database dialog box, complete the following:
- Server/Database – EMS server and database name
- EMS Authentication/Windows Authentication – The method of authentication to this database.
- Email From – Email address that will be displayed in the From field of notification emails that are sent.
- Enable Service Event Logging – Activates Windows event logging.
8. After making your entries, click OK.
9. Click OK again to save your EMS Check-in Notification Configuration settings.
Note: If any issues are encountered starting the service, please visit the online Support Center for a possible solution or call Customer Support.