- Concept: Comments Explain Details, Reminders Have Associated Due Dates
- A comment is a text entry that explains or clarifies a reservation, a booking, a group, or a service order.
A reminder is a comment that has a due date associated with it, and if it is attached to a reservation, booking, group, or service order, then it is called an attached reminder.
In the Navigator, you can add comments/reminders directly to a reservation, booking, or service order, and you can edit or delete them and view their history. When adding a comment or reminder, you can select from a pre-configured list, or you can create your own.
Tip: For an overview of how Reminders and Notifications work, watch the video tutorial, Reminders and Notifications.
- Open the parent reservation in the Navigator.
- In left pane the Navigator, select the reservation or booking with which you wish to work.
- Click the Comments or Reminders tab to work with either.
Tip: If you prefer to add more than one pre-configured comment or reminder at once to the reservation, right-click on it in the left panel and choose Add Reminders and Comments. A popup window will guide you through adding multiple reminders and comments at once.
- To delete or change or view history for an existing one, select it in the list then click Delete or Edit. (The Edit popup window provides a History tab).
- To add a new comment or reminder, click the New button.
- If you clicked the New button, a dialog box prompts you to enter details, like the example below.
- On the Comment Type or Reminder Type dropdown list, select the type of comment or reminder you wish to add, or select "(user-specified comment)," and enter a Description.
- If you are creating a new reminder, set a Due Date and specify the user who should be reminded in the Responsible User field.
- If you are creating a new comment, you can alert any EMS user when they open this reservation, booking, or service order by selecting the Alert Users option.
- In the Notes field, enter the comment or reminder.
- Click OK. The Comment dialog box closes. The comment is added to the reservation, booking, or service order. The Comments tab remains open.