- Concept: Categories in EMS are Containers for Different Kinds of Details for Bookings: Resources/Items, Service Orders & Catering, and Non-Resources.
- Categories are the services (catering, A/V equipment, and so on), notes, activities, or room charges that you can add to a booking. On the Booking Details area for an event, you might see the following elements:
- Resources/Items: When you add items (like coffee, sandwich, projector, and so on), you are adding resources. You might be able to choose variations for these items, such as regular, decaf, Italian roast, breakfast blend, and so on. When resources do not require service times, they are resource categories.
- Service Orders & Catering: Depending on how your EMS administrator has configured your categories, you may be required to specify service order times for a resource, such as "coffee service setup." These are service order categories. Categories used to manage food service are catering categories.
- Non-Resources: Categories used to manage miscellaneous notes (setup notes), agenda items, attendees/visitors, or room charges are non-resource categories.
Your EMS administrator can configure booking templates, buildings, event types, and categories so that a particular category can be used only with a particular booking template, event type, or in a specific building(s). This means that when you are adding booking details to a reservation, some booking details (categories) might not be displayed as an option.
- In This Section (click to expand)
- Adding Booking Details and Items to Existing Bookings
- Adding Items to Multiple Bookings
- Editing Charges for Multiple Billable Items
- Editing Count Information for a Booking
- Editing Items for Individual Bookings
- Repricing Categories and Room Charges for a Reservation
- Running the Resource Utility Conflicts Tool
- Using the Copy Booking Details Wizard
- Using the Delete Booking Details Wizard
- Using the Delete Item Wizard
When you click on a booking folder in the left pane of the Navigator, booking details show in the lower right pane of the Navigator. The tabs displayed in the upper right pane depend on the type of booking detail you selected.
Tabs in the Booking Details Area
The following tabs appear in the booking details area on the right pane of the Navigator depending on the type of detail you selected on the left panel.
The Summary displays information about the selected booking detail, including the event date, the event location, and the event status.
The Properties tab also displays information about the booking detail, including the date that it was added to the booking, who added the detail, and, if applicable, the date that the detail was changed and who made the change.
If the booking detail has a price/charge associated with it, for example, a room charge, then the following two tabs are also displayed:
Billing Reference Allocation Tab
By default, the charge for a booking detail can be allocated to a single billing reference number. On the Billing Reference Allocation tab, you can allocate the charge for a reservation to multiple billing reference numbers by percentage.
PO Number Allocation Tab
By default, the charge for a booking detail can be allocated to a single purchase order (PO) number. On the PO Number Allocation tab, you can allocate the charge for a reservation to multiple billing PO numbers by percentage.
Tip: Your EMS administrator must enable the Use Billing Reference Allocation and Use PO Number Allocation parameters for these tabs to be displayed. See Also: Adding Charges for Multiple Billable Items.
Service Orders and Catering Tabs
When a booking detail includes a service order (a request to use the resource for a specified time period as opposed to using the resource for the entire event), it will have a service type, start and end times, and a unique, system-generated service order ID. For example, an event that meets from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm, might have food service from 11:00 am to noon. For a catering order, you can also indicate estimated count, guaranteed count, and actual count. You can create multiple service orders in the same booking. For example, you might have a number of catering services (breakfast, lunch, and afternoon refreshments) in the course of a one day training event. In this case, multiple folders are displayed under the booking folder on the left side of the Navigator window, with each folder representing a unique service order.
The Navigator window showing multiple service orders in the same booking
Note: If you reserve an item that does not require a service order, you can only reserve the item for the event time or for the entire reserved time.
Your Administrator might have configured a default service type for some or all of your system’s categories, but you can usually select a different service type. Additionally, your Administrator may have configured "states" to manage the service order request/approve process.
If the selected booking detail involves a service order or catering, the following tabs are displayed:
User Defined Fields Tab
The User Defined Fields tab displays the additional fields that store custom data for the booking detail. Your EMS administrator configures the types of fields that are available as well as the allowed values for these fields. See Also: Working with User Defined Fields in the Navigator.
The Reminders tab displays any reminders that were created for the selected booking detail. See Also: Working with Comments and Reminders in the Navigator.
The Comments tab displays any comments that were made for the selected booking detail.
The History tab displays the history for the booking detail: the date when a change was made to it, the ID of the user who made the change, the field that was changed, the old field value, and the new field value.
The Navigator window with a booking detail item selected
Tip: When you select a booking detail folder, you can change the width of the data columns, rearrange the column order by dragging a column to a new location using the column heading, and you can sort the data columns in either ascending or descending sort order. You can see items for the selected booking detail in the Items pane (the lower right pane) of the Navigator. A green checkmark highlights newly added items and packages of items. A red “x” marks deleted items.