EMS has a variety of options available to you for searching for reservations, bookings, service orders, resources, and queries. These options include the Browser, the Everyday Reservation tool, the Calendar, the Navigator, a Group, the Resource Calendar, and the Service Order Management browser.
- Concept: What are Categories? (click to expand)
- Booking details are also called categories.
- These are the services (catering, A/V equipment, and so on), notes, attendees or visitors, activities, or room charges that you can add to a booking.
- Booking detail items, also called resources, are the individual items (coffee, sandwich, projector, and so on) that you add to a booking detail.
- When you add a resource to a booking, for example, coffee, various selections might be available or required, for example, regular, decaf, Italian roast, breakfast blend, and so on. Depending on how your EMS administrator has configured your categories, a resource might require service order times to be specified.
- A booking detail might include a service order.
- A service order is a request to use the resource for a specified time period as opposed to using the resource for the entire event. For example, an event that meets from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm, might have food service from 11:00 am to noon. A service order consists of the service type, start and end times, and a unique, system-generated service order ID. For a catering booking detail, you can also indicate estimated count, guaranteed count, and actual count. You can create multiple service orders in the same booking. For example, you might have a number of catering services (breakfast, lunch, and afternoon refreshments) in the course of a one day training event.
- In This Section (click to expand)
Tip: A fast way to view and edit bookings is through the Reservation Book. See Viewing and Editing Reservations in the Reservation Book.
For information about searching with the Navigator, see The Navigator.