To enter the academic units’ room preferences and requirements, you must enable Set Preferences mode. Additionally, if you want to solicit these preferences and requirements from the academic units, you must make the term available to the academic units. Likewise, after the deadline has been reached for expressing room preferences and requirements, you must make the term unavailable to the academic units.
To enable/disable a term for Set Preferences mode
1. On the EMS Academic Planning menu bar, click Academic Planning > Courses > Manage Terms. The Terms window opens.
2. On the Domain dropdown list, select the appropriate domain.
3. Select the term for which you are setting the Set Preferences mode, and then click Edit. The Term dialog box opens on the Term tab.
Remember, if you selected Dual mode, (see Specifying Room Preferences) then the Set Preferences mode has already been enabled for this term.
4. Optionally, in the Phase and Notes fields, enter information that indicates to the Domain Scheduler what part of the academic scheduling process is currently taking place, for example, Enter Preferences, or Room Information along with any supporting information or instructions.
The Phase field and the Notes field are displayed in the EMS Campus Planning Interface.
5. Do one of the following:
• To give academic unit-level users access to the term, select Available to Academic Units.
• To remove the users’ access to the term, clear Available to Academic Units
6. If you did not select Dual mode, then in the Mode section, select Set Preferences.
7. Click OK to close the Term dialog box and return to the Terms window, with the term still selected in the window.
8. On the Terms window, click Email to open an email that is pre-addressed to all academic unit-level users that have been defined in your EMS database. Complete and send the email as you normally would.