Skip to main content
EMS Terminology: Details, Categories, Resources, and Service Orders
- Last updated
- 17:18, 3 Jan 2017
Save as PDF
- Booking details are also called categories.
- These are the services (catering, A/V equipment, and so on), notes, attendees or visitors, activities, or room charges that you can add to a booking.
- Booking detail items, also called resources, are the individual items (coffee, sandwich, projector, and so on) that you add to a booking detail.
- When you add a resource to a booking, for example, coffee, various selections might be available or required, for example, regular, decaf, Italian roast, breakfast blend, and so on. Depending on how your EMS administrator has configured your categories, a resource might require service order times to be specified.
- A booking detail might include a service order.
- A service order is a request to use the resource for a specified time period as opposed to using the resource for the entire event. For example, an event that meets from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm, might have food service from 11:00 am to noon. A service order consists of the service type, start and end times, and a unique, system-generated service order ID. For a catering booking detail, you can also indicate estimated count, guaranteed count, and actual count. You can create multiple service orders in the same booking. For example, you might have a number of catering services (breakfast, lunch, and afternoon refreshments) in the course of a one day training event.