Configure EWS Impersonation for Microsoft® Exchange
The service account requires a mailbox and must be mail enabled. EMS Software recommends disabling the password expiration for these accounts.
- Log in to the Office 365® Exchange Administration Center. For Microsoft Exchange 2010, please see here.
- Create a Service Account User within your Office 365 Environment.
Configure a already migrated account.
- Select Exchange > Admin Roles from the navigation tree.
- Click the + icon to add a new role
- In the role group dialog box, provide a name for your Role Group (e.g. "EMS_Exchange_Impersonation"). It is also helpful to enter a Description.
- Under Role, click the + icon to add the "Application Impersonation" Role.
- Under Members, click the + icon and find your Exchange Service Account.
For more information on EWS Impersonation, see What is EWS Impersonation?