This topic provides information on creating a reservation in the EMS Web App:
- Create a Reservation
For a conceptual overview, review the following:
- Reservations, Bookings, and Booking Details
- Reservation vs. Booking
- Ways to Make Reservations
- Booking Templates
- You can begin making a reservation by clicking the CREATE A RESERVATION option (on the left menu) or the Book Now button next to one of your reservation templates (on the right).
- Next, the Create a Reservation screen appears, where EMS Web App will lead you through the reservation process. Enter information (including all required fields) using the Next Step button to advance through the process.
- To specify When, select dates, times, recurrence (optional), and time zone for the reservation in the upper left pane.
- To specify Where, in lower left pane, select one of the following:
- Let Me Search for a Room
- I Know What Room I Want
Filters in this lower left pane help you narrow your Room Search Results. When you click Search, results appear on the right. From these results, you can view expanded Room Details by clicking on the room name.
Locating space as part of the reservation process is different than browsing locations. See Also: Search for Available Rooms.
Once you have established favorites, EMS Web App uses these (plus the parameters of the booking template in use) to filter your search results when you use the Let Me Search For A Room option. To expand your search results beyond your favorites, de-select the Favorite rooms only checkbox or click Add/Remove next to Locations.
- Let Me Search for a Room
- Once you have located a room to reserve, click the Add (+)icon to add the booking to your cart. You can delete or change the room before finalizing your Reservation.>
- In the Attendees area (near the center of the screen), specify headcount and attendees.
- If your organization has installed and configured Integration to Microsoft® Exchange, you will be able to add or remove attendees and view attendee availability in the calendar grid of the Attendees section in the EMS Web App. Your attendees will also be sent invites after you finish creating the reservation. Attendees can be individuals, mailing lists, or groups; however, you cannot add attendees outside your domain. To see who is in a mailing list or group, add the list or group and click the (+) symbol next to the list or group in the calendar grid.
- If your organization does not use Integration to Exchange, you will see a list of EMS Web App users and groups, but you will not see a calendar grid showing their availability.
Adding attendees to an event is different than browsing people. For detailed instructions on using the BROWSE PEOPLE option from the main menu. See Also: Searching for People.
If available, select a Setup Type (if available) for the reservation; this associates likely services and features with bookings.
- Once you complete all required fields on this tab, click Next Step in the upper-right corner.
Choose Services is an optional feature based on the booking template you use. Services include room setup and teardown, equipment, and any other services you want to associate with a room. Your Administrator sets which services can be associated with a room and with an event type.
- Under the Services tab in the Create Reservation screen, specify any services you want to associate with the reservation (if available, you can click Skip Services). The example below showing a workspace booking may differ from your administrator settings, such as catering options and billing.
- When complete, click Next Step in the upper right corner.
The Reservation Details screen finalizes information about your reservation. Invitations to bookings and attachments will be sent to all attendees. The example shown below may differ from your implementation. For an in-depth overview of this part of the booking process, see Add Reservation Details.
- Complete all required information. Then click Save Reservation Details and Create Reservation.
- To add the reservation to your Outlook calendar, click the Add this reservation to my calendar checkbox at the bottom of the window.
EMS for Outlook® is an optional (extra cost) purchase. If your organization has purchased it, then you will see the EMS add-in icon in your Outlook application. You will also see additional features and functionality in EMS. Furthermore, anywhere that you see people or groups in EMS, you will have access to everyone in your organization's email database (which is stored in Exchange Server). This means that you can see people's availability (Out of Office, Busy, In a Meeting, etc.), send them email invitations or notices, and add EMS events to your Outlook calendar.