In the EMS Web App Approvals section, space managers can review, approve, or cancel a reservation without using the EMS Desktop Client.
To access Approvals, you must be configured as an Approver. SAML, EMS native, and Windows authentication are supported for Approvals access as of the 2021 Q2 release.
To use Approvals:
- Log into EMS Web App, then click Approvals on the left pane.
The user's approval queue appears and shows reservations for the space they manage.
Click Edit filters to filter reservations based on booking reservation details:
- Booking Start and End Date – Displays reservations for bookings within the date range.
- Building – Displays reservations that contain at least one booking in the selected building.
- Status – Displays reservations that contain at least one booking in the selected status. You may see Request or Pending for reservations pending approval, depending on how your organization configured EMS.
- Sorted by – Sorts reservations in the queue based on creation date or next future booking date in each reservation.
- Create date (oldest first) – Review pending requests on first in first out basis.
- Booking date (nearest first) – Review pending requests with booking closer to today’s date.
- Red X – Removes a filter.
- Apply – Use selected filters.
- Cancel – Discard selected filters.
In the approval queue, select a reservation.
The reservation and booking details appear. Space Request Details shows the event name, event type, process template, billing reference number, and group/contact information for the reservation.
To edit Event Name and Event Type, click the pencil icon next to the field (available in the 2021 Q2 release).
Bookings – Lists reservation bookings for which the Approver has access. The reservation may contain other bookings in spaces that the Approver does not manage. They will not display here or be subject to status changes made by the Approver. To show more booking details, click the triangle icon next to a booking.
Approve – Updates the Reserve status as configured on the reservation’s process template. It’s typically Confirmed or Approved and is dependent on the EMS configuration.
Cancel – Updates the Cancel status as configured on the reservation’s process template. The status is typically Cancelled and is dependent on the EMS configuration.
If the reservation’s process template is configured to send a confirmation for Reserve or Cancel status, then an email gets sent to the Everyday User, Group, and contact depending on the template configuration. Learn about Configure Confirmation Behavior for Everyday User Applications.