Best Practices for Device Configuration
The EMS Room Sign App (formerly named EMS Glance) is an optional web-based application that turns your tablet (e.g., iPad, iPad mini, etc.) into a digital room sign. Mounted outside of a meeting room or workspace in either landscape or portrait orientations, the application indicates whether a space is available or in use. The application also provides functionality to support check-in, end, extend, and book new meetings. Version 44.1, Update 12 introduced a sleek visual redesign and an upgraded customer interface.
In order to use the EMS Room Sign App effectively, the device should be configured to do the following:
- Enable full-screen web browser.
- Place tablet in kiosk mode.
- Disable auto-lock.
- Disable notifications, pop-ups, auto-updates.
- Disable multitasking gestures (pinch, zoom, swipe).
- Reboot on power-off.
- Enable auto-login.
- Auto-launch browser on login.
- Browser should contain an on-screen keyboard for text fields and a scroller for time roller.
- Set account permissions to deny access to other parts of the tablet OS.
- Auto-launch browser if closed.
- Hide the address bar and shortcuts.