When you are canceling a reservation in your EMS system, you can indicate a reason for the cancellation. You can configure a cancel reason that is a single word or phrase (such as Event Postponed, Other, and Will Reschedule), or you can configure a cancel reason so that the user who is canceling the reservation must enter additional information about the cancellation.
To configure cancel reasons:
On the EMS menu bar, click Configuration > Other > Cancel Reasons.
The Cancel Reasons window opens. This window lists all the cancel reasons that are currently configured in your EMS database and that have a status of Active.
Optionally, to view all cancel reasons in your EMS database regardless of status, under Show, click Inactive.
The Cancel Reason dialog opens.
- In Cancel Reason, enter a name or description for the new cancel reason (maximum 50 characters, including spaces).
- Optionally, do one or more of the following:
- If you want the user who is canceling the reservation to enter supporting information for this cancel reason, select Require Notes.
- If you want the cancel reason to be listed as an option for a user who is canceling the event in EMS Web App, then select Display to Everyday Users.
- By default, a cancel reason is added as an active reason. Select Inactive to inactivate the reason.