The Room Request Form page is organized into various sections to facilitate the online request process—a When and Where pane (the left pane of the window) and two tabs—a Details tab and an Availability tab.
You enter the information to search for available rooms in the When and Where pane. You view the results of the search on the Availability tab, and from this information, you can determine if the room that you want is available, or if you must request another room. You enter information for the event on the Details tab.
To submit a request for space - an online request for a room
1. Under Reservations, click a reservation option. The Room Request page opens.
Because VEMS is so highly configurable, the options that are outlined in the remainder of this procedure may or may not be present. In addition, certain labels may have been renamed in your implementation of VEMS. For example, “group” might have been relabeled to “client,” “employee,” or “department,” event may have relabeled “Meeting,” and so on. Required fields are marked with a red asterisk (*).
2. In the When and Where (left) pane of the page, do the following to search for a room or rooms in which the event is to take place:
Depending on how your EMS administrator has configured your organization’s Room Request template, you might see different fields, or you might not see some of these fields displayed at all.
• Enter your date and time criteria.
• Select a time zone.
Multiple time zones are available only in EMS Enterprise. Only a single time zone is available in EMS Professional.
• On the Areas dropdown list, leave the default value of (all) areas as is, or select a specific area to search.
Areas are available only in EMS Enterprise. Areas are not available in EMS Professional.
• On the Facilities dropdown list, select (all) buildings, or select a specific building or view to search.
• If the meeting is a recurring meeting, then click Recurrence to open the Recurrence popup window, and then enter the necessary information for the meeting.
3. In the Setup Information section, enter your attendance and setup type.
4. Click Check Availability.
Depending on how your EMS administrator has configured the web template, two results are possible:
• A list of rooms that meet the search criteria and that are available for the indicated reservation time are displayed on the Available tab. From this information, you can determine if the room that you want for the meeting is available, or if you must request another room.
• A message opens indicating that you have violated a booking rule such as the last allowed booking date. Click OK to close the message and refine your search until a list of rooms that meet the search criteria and that are available for the indicated reservation time are displayed on the Available tab. From this information, you can determine if the room that you want for the meeting is available, or if you must request another room.
Request Room Form page, Availability tab
5. Optionally, click a Room Name to open the Location Details popup. Depending upon how your EMS administrator has configured your EMS application, the popup can show varying information about the event location, including the event building details (name, description, and/or notes), any images that have been associated with the building, detailed information for the event room (description, room type, setup type, features, floor map, and availability) and any images that have been associated with the room.
6. Open the Details tab.
7. Enter the information for the event:
When you are entering the event details, note the following:
• Required fields are marked with a red asterisk (*). At minimum, you must enter the event name, the event type, and group details.
• Some fields in the Group section might be automatically populated with your
group/department information. You can modify this information.
• You might have the option of answering additional questions, or you might be required to answer these questions when booking the room. These questions are displayed in an Other Information section.
• You might have the option of booking specific resources and/or services for the event. If so, an appropriate section is displayed. For example, if you have the option of booking Multimedia Equipment, then a Multimedia Equipment section is displayed on the tab.
• You might be required to read and agree to Terms and Conditions. If so, you can click View to review the Terms and Conditions before you accept them.
8. Click Submit Reservation. The Reservation Summary page opens. See “The Reservation Summary Page”.