The term attachment is used to describe any file that you can add to or storeon a reservation or booking. (Unlike a drawing, which is simply referenced, an attachment is actually stored in the EMS database with the reservation or booking record.) You can also delete an attachment from a reservation or booking, and view and edit an attachment.
You can also add an attachment to a group record. See “Configuring Additional Information for a Group”.
To work with attachments in the Navigator
1. Open the reservation in the Navigator. See:
• “Search Tools”.
2. In the left pane of the Navigator, select the reservation or expand the folder structure for the reservation until the appropriate booking folder is visible, and then select the booking folder.
3. In the top right pane of the Navigator, open the Attachments tab.
4. Continue to one of the following:
1. Click New. The Attachment dialog box opens.
2. In the Description field, enter a name or description for the attachment.
The description can be a maximum of 50 characters, including spaces. If you leave this field blank, then the Description field is populated with the name of the file after you attach it to a reservation or booking.
3. On the Type dropdown list, select the attachment type.
4. Click the Search icon to open the Find Attachment dialog box, and then browse to and select the attachment. The Find Attachment dialog box closes. The file name for the attachment is displayed in the Attachment field.
5. Optionally, do one or more of the following as needed:
• If you left the Description field blank, then the name of the attached file is used by default for the file description, and you can edit this if needed.
• If the attachment is to be displayed in VEMS when it is attached to a reservation or booking, then select Display on Web.
• If a VEMS user is to be able to delete this attachment when it is attached to a reservation or booking, then select Allow Web Delete.
• Enter any pertinent notes for the attachment.
• Click Spelling to spell check the description before you attach the drawing to the booking.
6. Click OK. The Attachment dialog box closes. The attachment is added to the booking. The Attachments tab remains open.
1. Select the attachment that you are editing, and then click Edit. The Attachment dialog box opens populated with the information for the selected attachment.
2. Do any of the following as needed:
• Edit the description.
The description can be a maximum of 50 characters, including spaces.
• Click the Search icon to open the Find Attachment dialog box and scroll to and select a different attachment.
• Edit the notes and/or web options.
• Optionally, click Spelling to spell check the description.
3. Click OK. The Attachment dialog box closes. The Attachments tab remains open.
1. Select the drawing or CTRL-click to select the multiple attachments that you are deleting from the reservation or booking.
2. Click Delete. A message opens asking you if it is OK to delete the selected attachments.
3. Click Yes. The selected attachments are deleted from the reservation or booking. The Attachments tab remains open.
Your computer must have the appropriate application installed to view attachments of a specific type. For example, to open a .docx that is attached to a booking, Microsoft Word must be installed on your computer.
1. Select the attachment that you are viewing, and then click Open. The file opens in the appropriate application.
2. Close the application after viewing the attachment, or if the application allows it, edit the attachment as needed, and then save the attachment.
The next time you open the attachment in the Navigator, you can see the changes that you made.