Your EMS administrator can configure notification rules to alert you or groups of which you are a member when additions or modifications have been carried out in the EMS database, such as the creation or modification of a booking, the creation or modification of a service order, the creation of a new web account, and so on.
When the Notifications tab first opens, all the notification rules that include you are listed in the Notification Rule pane (upper left pane) of the tab. Next to each rule, the number of new notifications (notifications with the current day’s date) is displayed. The tab is interactive. You can:
• Select a rule to view all unreviewed notifications for future bookings.
• Select a rule, and under Show, select Reviewed to view all reviewed notifications for future bookings.
• Select a rule, and under Show, select Old to view all notifications for past bookings.
• Select a notification to view detailed information about the notification (such as new bookings, the changes made to a booking, and the users who were notified of the changes) in a pane at the bottom of the window.
• Select Show New Only to show only new notifications (notifications with the current day’s date) for the notification rules.
• Select a notification, and then click Reviewed to mark a notification as “Reviewed.”
• Select a notification and then click Go To to open the item to which the notification refers.
• If the notification is attached to a reservation, booking, or booking detail, then the reservation opens in the Navigator, and the appropriate folder (Reservation, Booking, or Booking Detail) is automatically selected.
• If the notification is attached to a group, then the Group window opens with the group information displayed in the window.
• Click Refresh to check for notifications that have been issued since you opened the Dashboard.
• Select a notification, or CTRL-click to select multiple notifications, and then click Delete to delete the notifications from the Notifications tab.